SENECA – Rep. Lee James (R-Venango/Butler) today announced the School Safety and Security Committee has awarded $53.7 million in School Safety and Security Grants to school districts, vocational schools, intermediate units and charter schools across the state, including all school districts in the 64th Legislative District.
The 17-member committee within the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency was created as part of Act 44 of 2018
, a comprehensive school safety law passed in 2018. One of its duties is to help distribute both meritorious and competitive grants.
“This funding will play a critical role in addressing safety concerns so our students are better protected from a whole host of threats during their time at school,” James said. “It will help them better focus on their studies and give their parents greater confidence. I am thankful to see this funding being used for such an important task.”
Locally, school districts received $560,000. Grant recipients within the 64th District include:
• Cranberry Area School District: $30,000.
• Franklin Area School District: $35,000.
• Karns City Area School District: $35,000.
• Moniteau School District: $35,000.
• Oil City Area School District: $35,000.
• Titusville Area School District: $35,000.
• Valley Grove School District: $30,000.
Representative Lee James
64th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Alison Evans